Like most new parents, we tend to think Jonah is ready for something when in reality, he's not. Case in point: Sitting in the shopping cart. The first time we tried it was back in early September and the poor boy kept falling to the side. Needless to say, the car seat continued to come in the store with me.
"I'm suspicious of this plan of action."
Last week I decided that this boy was way to heavy in his car seat to be carrying back and forth. Since he can stand on his own, I thought sitting in the car would be more realistic this time around. Sure enough, Jonah did great and LOVED the new view. He was too busy looking around to smile at the camera. As much as he liked the view, he didn't like that I kept putting hats on him. I don't think Jonah is a hat person, but he looks so cute in hats.
"What are these people doing?"
"Mom, I don't want swag, I want the hat off!"
Oh, funny story. We're walking out and this mother and her ten year old son pass us. The mom smiles at me and says "What a cute baby girl!" Before I could say anything, the son pipes up in a very informative voice, "mom, that's not a girl, that's definitely a boy." I really wanted to laugh out loud because the son was very shocked his mom could have thought Jonah was a girl. I'll admit, I always say "what a cute baby" until the parent reveals the gender by using he or she just because I can't tell boy babies from girl babies, either. :)
That's really it for the swag part of the post, but can't help but post some other recent pics because he's getting so big! The first picture he is holding on to the coffee table, but he's getting better at standing with no support. The second one, Jonah and I spent the day together and I let him crawl around the parking lot uninhibited. He had a grand old time and his pants/socks got incredibly dirty. It was worth it to see him so happy.
Happy thanksgiving, everyone! I'm sure there will be a thanksgiving day post since grandma and grandpa will be here.





No comments:
Post a Comment