My family out west took a wonderful family picture thanks to the skills of my sister in law, Jess. My family is a pretty good looking bunch of people, if I do say so myself.
My mom decided she wanted a picture of the east coast family members to match and it took a while to get everything right. I made Steve be my test model as I was trying to decide on the little things and the test shots were very post worthy.
First thing we had to decide was where to take the picture. Outside was not an option because it was cold and North Carolina is turning me into a wimp when it comes to the cold. Jonah's room gets the best natural light and his furniture is the easiest to move, so we started out like this:
Next up was deciding how much to include in the picture. My camera wouldn't let me take a picture of a blank wall, so I recruited my husband to be my model. Isn't he so handsome?
I couldn't decide if I wanted to use the flash or not. Even though I really liked the shadows in the following pictures, I decided flash was a must. Steve decided he didn't like being the only person in the picture, so he recruited Jonah as model number two.
I then spent a lot of time making sure the angle and everything was right since Mom sends her card to a bazillion people. Steve got bored and thought of all sorts of ways to entertain himself.
Pretty sure the stuff that we clean up after a diaper change could be classified as a chemical of mass destruction. Just saying.
Before mom and dad came I took a picture with just the three of us, but I'm using it for my Christmas card, so I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone. We did have some failed attempts, as shows:
Eventually mom and dad got in the picture, and the in between attempts are also funny. Apparently we don't smile at the same time.
Finally, after a few tweeks and adjustments, we ended up with mom's picture for Christmas of the east coast family members.

I loved the pics! I especially like Steve's gun and guitar. classic. lovely family! Merry Christmas to you guys!
ReplyDeleteHow about "Kids are photogenic, husbands...?"
ReplyDeleteAnd hey, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
...are ruggedly handsome?
DeleteBeautiful pictures!! Beautiful family :)
ReplyDeleteI think you look a lot like me in that picture. Just saying. And mom looks a lot like Aunt Christine.
ReplyDelete