I'm continually amazed at how much Jonah has developed since we moved here to North Carolina four months ago. When we first got here, he couldn't even roll over. Since then, he's learned to roll both ways, sit up on his own, crawl everywhere, pull himself to a stand, and can now let go and stand without holding on to anything. Whew. He's got a lot going on. My bet is that he'll be walking by Christmas.
Jonah and I also took and adventure and went to Ohio to visit my parents for a long weekend. We had lots of fun and I took lots of pictures (as usual). Here are some of the highlights (with commentary from yours truly):
Jonah at the gate. I was nervous about flying with an infant because, well, no one wants to be that person, and now I was that person with a baby. He did really well and didn't seem to mind flying for the most part. Usually the first flight he was really good and would sleep for most of the flight, but on the second flight he would get antsy and would want to do anything other than sit on my lap. The only flight he really fussed for was the second flight on the way there, but I sat next to a really nice lady who had been in my shoes before and a military gentleman who put in his headphones and snoozed the entire flight. I was surprised at how nice people were. I only got a glare from one woman.
Jonah on a plane! (Though technically this was on the return trip)
Jonah on a train. I didn't realize the Atlanta airport had trains connecting the different terminals, so Jonah also had his first train ride.
We made it! On Friday we mostly played around and I made sugar cookies while Grandma was at school. It was nice to not have anything to clean or to give any thought to work.
We then went to go visit Grandma, but we had a guest join us on the car. He didn't last very long, though.
Later that evening Grandpa and I went to the football game and Jonah stayed home with Grandma and was supposed to go to bed (but that didn't quite happen as he was still up when I got home).
It was so good to see my HS band play again. The band will always be near and dear to my heart. As I watched Ian conduct, I couldn't believe that I used to be on that podium just shy of ten years ago (though I do wish I had a cool cape back then). Just like babies keep growing, I guess I just keep getting older, too.
On Saturday we tried to go to Young's since Jonah loves animals, but it was PACKED. He was getting a bit fussy, so we turned around and stayed home. We did get a chance to go out to dinner to Main Street Station. It's days like this that make me miss small town life. After dinner we got to watch BYU beat Georgia Tech on the big screen, and it was a great way to end the day.
Future BYU football fan in the making!
Sunday was our last full day in Ohio, and it was so good to see so many people I love. Great Grandma Groves came over in the evening and we had a good time as a family.
Like all great trips, though, we had to go home. We were glad to see Daddy again, though. He got bored without us. Here's us saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa.
So there we have it! We're excited to see Grandma and Grandpa again at Thanksgiving.













No comments:
Post a Comment