Or in other words, my sense of smell is ridiculously acute.
Morning sickness is awful, but I didn't really want to write an entire post about my new love affair with the bathroom. The really strange thing is my sense of smell. It's not that every smell has become overwhelming, but what has become incredibly apparent is very strange. Here's my list so far:
1) I had a bowl of cucumbers in my lap and could smell them as strongly as cucumber melon lotion.
2) Cat food. As soon as I open the closet door, there it is.
3) Green chile sauce, especially in the tamales Steve makes.
4) My deodorant while I'm wearing it. I could never it smell it before, but now it's pretty obvious.
5) My bar of soap in the bathtub four feet away from where I camp out in front of the toilet (pomegranate and lemon verbana).
6) Lemon Honey Orange Chicken, or something to that effect. Steve made it for his dinner tonight, and I had to lock myself in the bathroom because the smell was overwhelming and the bathroom was the only place it hadn't penetrated yet. I couldn't go out for a good 15 minutes until the smell cleared.
7) Apple Jacks. This is more taste than smell, but it's so much more complex than I ever gave it credit for.
8) My shampoo. I took a shower and fell asleep with my hair a wet, and I could smell the shampoo pretty distinctly until I fell asleep.
I'm sure there's more to add, but those are the major ones I've noticed so far. Pregnancy just keeps getting stranger and stranger....
No comments:
Post a Comment