Friday, August 9, 2013

Lesson 2.5: It just isn't about you anymore

Or in other words, even a post about my birthday is mostly pictures of everyone else. Oh the woes of being the camera person.

Anyway, my mom and dad surprised me by coming down for my birthday (actually, it's our birthday since my mom and I share a birthday). I haven't been with mom on our birthday since 2009 so I really appreciated the two of them making the drive down. Admittedly, Jonah gets a lot of time with Grandma, but I don't really mind because that generally means I get a stress free nap for as long as I'd like (sleeping without having to worry about anyone waking you for as long as you like? Parents like those types of gifts).

The day of our birthday I suggested we go to the Reynolda Gardens because a) I love botanical gardens and b) it's free. Here's the weekend in pictures:


Poor little boy was all worn out before we even got a chance to go to the Reynolda Gardens.


Mom and Dad in the rose garden section.


We had to be careful with Jonah and make sure he didn't eat any of the flowers


Come to think of it, I have no idea what Steve is looking at.


There's a reason I'm the photographer of the family. :) This is my, "I'm not sure if I've had my picture taken yet" look.


It was really hot outside and poor Jonah got all red. 


Daddy carrying Jonah in what I call the Jason pose. Steve's brother used to carry his kids like this and now we do it.


There were so many butterflies!


I've noticed my posture is beginning to change since I now carry a 17 pound baby around. My goal is to make a conscious effort to stand like my pre-baby self (or go to a chiropractor and get my back checked out).


Everyone taking a break in the shade. Except me, cause I'm taking the picture (duh).


I called this our artistic photo op.


My boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment