Monday, June 3, 2013

Lesson 2.2: Goldilocks teaches us a very important parenting rule

Or, in other words, babies need things just right if you want them to be happy.

Ok, so it's been a little longer than I intended since I last posted, but what can you do? Well, I guess I could post more and then I wouldn't be starting a post like this, but that's beside the point. Now that Jonah is almost three months old (wow!), I've learned that the best moments are when things are just right. Sadly, it's really hard to get things just right, whether it be the bath water temperature, how much milk to put in a bottle for a feeding, when it's time for a nap, so on and so forth. However, the big smiles and coos he gives when he's happy makes it all worth it.

So, on to pictures!


I think babies in hooded towels are ridiculously cute! It's a good picture of Steve, too.


Jonah loves Steve. He likes to smile for me, but he saves his biggest smiles for Dad.


My first mother's day with a baby!


Why yes, I am a total stud.


Percy has been very interested in bath time. He's probably wondering why the baby isn't crying like he and Sophie do when they get baths.


Too bad he's making such a grumpy face. He's a little small for the rocking chair.



There's just something really sweet about holding a sleeping baby. It's one of the best moments about being a parent (until your arm gets really tired and you're not sure how to switch him without waking him!).


They just want to start earlier and earlier! Sorry son, you've got a while before you turn 16.


Sitting in the high chair for the first time. He started reaching for things the other day and really enjoys his seat at dinner time. He's still a little small so we have to put towels around him so he doesn't get stuck leaning to one side.


Here's your last dose of cuteness for the day.

1 comment: